CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Call For Dates From Jamaica

As salaamu alaikum all! Right now our donation total is at $110. Sadly, this isn't even enough to send dates to even 1 country! I hope inshaAllah we can get the ball rolling faster with bringing in donations. We're actually starting to get emails from masaajid asking for dates and it'll break my heart to have to turn them away =/ Please remember to donate and urge your friends to donate as well. Our deadline is within a month so it's not a good idea to delay or put it off.

I thought it would be nice to get some more insight on some of the communities who are inshaAllah eligible to receive dates based on how many donations we collect.

Today's profile is on a masjid in Jamaica. The information and pictures are provided by the masjid's Amir.

"Assalaamualaikum sis

Thanks for your concern. I am the Amir and responsible person for the mosque in Three Miles River, Jamaica. The mosque was the first mosque built in Jamaica by my great grand father .. who came from India. The community is about 75 Muslims, mostly converts but only about 30 are active. In Ramadan attendance are between 15-40 for Taraweeh Salaat. I usually get a Hafiz from abroad to lead the Salaat because there are no Hafiz on the island.


We basically, don't have any direct supply of dates. If I travel close to Ramadan I would buy a few packets for the Jamaat.. otherwise we don't have dates. There are none available locally.

I will try to send a picture of the mosque for you. There is also another mosque of which I am the founder and Amir also. This one is AlHikmah located in Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Wasalaam


Br. Ahmad"







0 comments: